After countless articles on the subject, and studies backing up the assertion that users want an open line of communication, it seems that many brands and retailers are still failing on the social media customer management relationship front.
Research conducted by STELLAService found that several of the top 20 retailers on Facebook failed to respond to questions posted on their walls, with many deleting the post altogether. Here are the highlights (and lowlights) of their test:
- Of the 20 retailers tested, 5 failed to respond to a question posted on their wall within 2 days
- 7 retailers completely removed the question from their wall
- 7 retailers responded to a question placed in the comments section of a post within 2 days
- 5 retailers removed the question placed in the comments section
- B&H Photo was the top performer, answering a question on their wall within 2 minutes
Even more surprising that these results are the names of the retailers who failed to practice effective customer relationship management. Some of the biggest offenders were J. Crew, Radio Shack and Victoria’s Secret.
What is your reaction to these results? Are you surprised over the lack of effective customer relationship management? Do retailers and brands need to reevaluate their social media-based approach to CRM? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook! And if you’re looking to more effectively monitor your social media presence, check out our white paper on the subject.