A Bluetooth transmitter takes a legacy or unconnected device and allows it to broadcast sound over Bluetooth. Nothing fancy to see here, and no bells or whistles. So it makes sense that our Bluetooth transmitter roundup includes the usual suspects from the value tech scene.
We were pleasantly surprised to find quality and performance from 5 devices. If you don’t have Bluetooth headphones, you’ll need to read our roundup of best wireless earbuds, too. Ready to broadcast audio over Bluetooth? Let’s get started.
1. Avantree Oasis long range Bluetooth transmitter
- Class 1 Bluetooth technology with up to 150ft/50m range line of sight or 70ft/30m range in home
- Supports AUX/RCA/Optical
- Supports aptX Low Latency devices and can support two headsets/speakers simultaneously
Go the distance with a Bluetooth transmitter designed for long range broadcast. The Avantree Oasis can reach up to 150ft in line of sight or 70ft in home, enough distance for just about any residence. Avantree has shown up in our other lists, and continues to make a solid name in consumer electronics with this product.
This jack of all trades can act as an entertainment hub for transmitting or receiving Bluetooth connections to your TV, stereo, and other Bluetooth enabled devices. It also supports auxiliary, RCX, and optical inputs. You can also get zero lip sync delay with its aptX Low Latency support, or pair two headsets or speakers simultaneously (not all devices compatible).
2. Avantree aptX low latency Bluetooth transmitter
- Both auxiliary and digital inputs
- Supports up to two compatible aptX low latency devices
- Bluetooth Class 1 technology supports up to 100 ft range
USB lovers can rejoice with the Avantree aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Transmitter, which features USB ports for almost all its inputs, including its power. However, it still includes an auxiliary and RCA input for older devices. Sporting the latest Bluetooth technology, this Bluetooth transmitter supports aptX Low Latency for up to two compatible devices for ranges up to 100ft.
3. innoTronics Bluetooth transmitter
- Supports pairing two dual link aptX Low Latency headphones or speakers at once
- Optical TOSLINK & Auxiliary 3.5mm input & output supported
- Covers a range of up to 33ft and supports rechargeable playback of up to 15 hours, with only 2 hours to charge
The ultra portable innoTronics Bluetooth transmitter comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 15 hours and takes only 2 hours to charge. It also comes with all the ports you need, boasting optical TOSLINK and auxiliary 3.5mm/RCA inputs and outputs on its slim exterior design.
Utilizing the latest Bluetooth technology, the innoTronics transmitter is an all in one Bluetooth entertainment hub which can be used to pair two headphones or speakers at once with no lip sync delay utilizing dual link aptX Low Latency technology.
4. TaoTronics 4.1 Bluetooth transmitter
- Supports aptX Low Latency devices
- Built in volume, play/pause, and track selection buttons
- Portable, rechargeable design with up to 20 hours of playback
Another ultra portable Bluetooth transmitter, the TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter/Receiver is another jack of all trades that can make auxiliary devices capable of output to Bluetooth headsets and speakers with its 3.5mm input. While it supports aptX Low Latency devices, it is not capable of pairing two headphones or speakers at once.
The rechargeable battery supports up to 20 hours of playback, and built in volume, play/pause, and track selection buttons add extra convenience. Several customers stated that they were pleased with its extra unobtrusive LEDs.
5. TROND Bluetooth transmitter
- Utilizes Bluetooth v4.1 technology to offer aptX Low Latency support for up to two compatible headsets or speakers at once
- Supports aptX Low Latency in receiver mode
- Rechargeable battery that lasts up to 10 hours of playback and charges within 2 hours
The TROND Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter is one of the few Bluetooth transmitter products to support aptX Low Latency in receiver mode, making it the ultimate solution for achieving zero lip sync delay in both receiving and transmitting Bluetooth signals. It also is a portable design, with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 10 hours.
Taking advantage of the latest in Bluetooth transmitter tech, it can reach a range up to 33ft and supports up to two aptX Low Latency compatible devices at once, making it great for couples and parents with children.