Wireless headphones for TV aren’t just for old people. These days multiple screens rule the living room roost. That may mean four people watching totally different things while sitting right next to each other. Strange? Yes. Annoying? It doesn’t have to be! Thanks to innovations in production quality wireless headphones for TV and streaming video are in supply. But in recent years the market has been flooded with cheap imitation goods making claims they can’t support. It’s enough to make any online shopper nervous. That’s why we created this trustworthy list of the best products available and where to purchase them.
Best Wireless Headphones For TV
1. Sony MDRRF wireless headphones for TV plus transmitter
- Wireless RF radio transmission delivery range up to 150ft away (no line of sight needed)
- 10–22,000Hz frequency 40mm drivers with automatic tuning
- Noise canceling system to reduce ambient noise and produce clearer sound
The Sony Wireless RF Headphone is a major crowd pleaser with its comfortable design, superior sound, and flawless radio transmission. 40mm drivers boast a 10-22,000Hz frequency with automatic tuning and a noise canceling system to reduce ambient noise and produce clear, crisp sound. A closed back, around ear design reduces background noise and increases comfort, while the wireless RF radio transmission guarantees a delivery range of up to 150ft away with no line of sight needed. Built-in volume control and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 25 hours makes this a great multipurpose headphone for TV. They do tend to look like DJ headphones, which can be a turnoff for some buyers.
2. Sennheiser headphones for TV
- Bass Boost and Virtual Surround Sound modes
- Dock charges headphones and takes both digital and analog inputs
- Dock can support two pairs of headphones simultaneously
The Sennheiser RS 175 RF Wireless Headphone System makes full featured headphones for TV that boasts innovative features like the ability to support two compatible pairs of TV headphones simultaneously and support for both digital and analog inputs. The wireless radio transmission can reach a handsome range up to 328ft within line of sight. Bass Boost and Virtual Surround Sound modes allow for some audio customization, and a comfortable closed back, around ear design reduces background noise. You won’t have to worry about distance with Sennheiser thanks to RF technology. Even the best Bluetooth earbuds aren’t a match for distance when compared to RF.
3. Active listening SET840 Sennheiser headphones for TV
- Neodymium magnets and Duofol diaphragms for quality sound
- Collapsible, metal-reinforced design for better portability
- BA-300 rechargeable battery promises up to 50 hours of playback
The Sennheiser SET840-TV RF Stereo TV Assistive Listening Headphones System is one of the most portable headphones for TV available thanks to its original collapsible, metal-reinforced design, although some customers reported this design lacks comfort comparatively to the more classic closed back design seen on other headsets. Either way, you’ll certainly Sennheiser also utilized a BA-300 rechargeable battery to lend extra battery life, giving these headphones an impressive 50 hours of playback. RF radio is utilized so line of sight is not needed for playback, and built in volume control is included for extra convenience. Neodymium magnets and Duofol diaphragms ensure quality sound. The only downside is price. If that’s your game try our list of best Bluetooth headphones under 100 dollars. Or just be prepared to open up that wallet!
4. Avantree wireless headphones for TV
- 100ft range of wireless audio transmissions with no line of sight needed
- aptX Low Latency technology eliminates lip sync delay
- Headphones can be used with smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC wirelessly or as wired headphones using included stereo audio cable
The Avantree Wireless Headphones for TV Watching with Bluetooth Transmitter utilizes the latest Bluetooth v4.1 technology to bring flawless wireless audio transmission to your TV watching for up to 100ft with no line of sight needed. AptX Low Latency technology eliminates lip sync delay, and the transceiver can be used with two headphones at once (without aptX). Additionally, the headphones can be used as wired headphones by using the included audio cable.
5. ARTISTE wireless headphones for TV
Wireless Headphones for TV with RF Transmitter for Watching and Listening — Digital Over Ear Cordless TV Headphones
- 30HZ — 20kHZ high frequency dynamic sound range and high signal-to-noise ratio
- Uses 2.4GHz UHF radio for up to 100ft of range with no line of sight required
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of playback
Great standard headphones for TV, these wireless headphones feature up to 100ft of coverage with no line of sight required and high frequency dynamic range sound with a high signal-to-noise ratio for crisp, clean audio. The rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of playback, and the over ear pads & adjustable headband provides maximum comfort. While some customers had difficulties figuring out how to make this set work, the company impressed them with their quick response time and helpful support.
6. MonoDeal wireless TV headphones
- Low latency RF transmitter with a minimum audio delay of 32-40ms
- Three RF antennas to transmit omnidirectionally up to 164 feet away, no line of sight needed
- Frequency response: 30Hz-11KHz
If you live in a large home or in an area with significant interference, then these are the headphones for TV you’ve been looking for. It all starts with the three RF antennas which transmit omnidirectionally, with no line of sight needed. Then a low latency RF transmitter is used with auto tune so that there is no audio delay. 40mm stereo drivers with a 30Hz-11KHz frequency response and bass boost guarantee premium audio with a comfortable over ear design that can last up to 25 hours before needing to recharge. If you prefer a more old school approach, these headphones also support auxiliary input.
It is important to note when shopping for wireless TV headphones or Bluetooth transmitter, it is common to run into issues with delay/lag and poor signal. Some features to look for that can help reduce these issues are aptX Low Latency support, higher range with no line of sight needed, and more antennas. If you aren’t technically savvy, you may also want to look for a device pre-paired to alleviate headaches with pairing devices. Also, battery operated devices are prone to shutting off when they aren’t being used, so if this is likely to be an annoyance for you, make sure to purchase one that can be operated through an outlet.