There’s nothing quite like a hard-earned afterwork beer with the coworkers, and this recently-debuted app from New Belgium Brewing Company is a celebration of that very ritual. The premier application from this Colorado brewer currently focuses strictly on the Shift Pale Lager brew, but in coming months will feature other members of the the New Belgium beer arsenal.
Beer-centric features include:
- Shift beer celebrations – use the app’s Instagram-inspired photo editor to snap a picture of yourself clocking out, then share the image with friends on Facebook or Twitter.
- Beer-me time – set an alarm for shift beer time so the app can alert you when it’s time to head to the bar with a steam whistle sound.
- Find Shift Pale Lager dispensaries near you – the app uses your phone’s GPS to find nearby bars that serve Shift and will even provide you with directions.
- Photo gallery – share your own end-of-shift celebrations and see everyone else’s in the photo feed.
- Link to Facebook and Twitter to share your beer experiences – automatically share any of your activity within the app on Facebook or Twitter.
New Belgium promises more slick, beer-related features soon.
While I’m not fully convinced that I need an alarm reminding me to drink beer, the app does a good job of integrating product with smartphone friendly functions like GPS, alarm and photo editing. Cheers!