Earlier this month, LinkedIn unveiled its list of the most in-demand employers around the world for 2012.
Culled from data from LinkedIn’s 175 million+ users, the site took a look at the 100 most influential employers by continent, country and industry, giving some interesting insight into who uses LinkedIn and who they are connecting with for job opportunities. This is some of the information they found:
- 21 of the top 100 companies were in the technology/software industry, making it the top industry on the list
- 20 of the top 100 companies were in the retail and consumer products industry
- The 5 most in-demand employers for the U.S. were Google, Disney, Facebook, Apple and Salesforce
- The 5 most in-demand employers globally were Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and Unilever
- Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and GE were the most in-demand employers for students and recent grads
- Google, Unilever, Microsoft, L’Oreal and Procter & Gamble were the most in-demand employers for marketing professionals
- 7 of the top 100 employers were located in lonelybrand’s own hometown of Chicago
Want to improve your brand’s presence and engagement on LinkedIn? Learn everything about optimizing your company’s LinkedIn profile.